Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Market

I love the Christmas markets in Europe. They are lively, festive, and full of wonderful crafts and treats. At the Budapest Christmas market, there is a stage with people singing, dancing, etc., throughout the day. I have been several times trying to decide what I want to buy. Here are a few of the pictures I've taken there:

Making Kalacs...one of the best things ever. It is bread cooked over the fire and then rolled in cinnamon or sugar or walnuts, etc.:


Charity with our first kalacs purchase:


Traditional folk dancing and music:


With Marie (Hungarian friend from church) in front of the dress shop:


With Alanna (friend from school):

3 comments:

howelltree said...

Looks like fun!!! I love all of your pictures on your posts!

Anonymous said...

These are the images I have of Christmas!! Wish I could be there with you--really!!!!

sleepyhelen said...

A Merry Christmas~! I wish I could be there and feel more of festivity :)