This weekend I went to Frankfurt, Germany, to the LDS Temple. Although getting there involved a plane, bus, train, and walking, it was well worth it and I loved it there. The weather was chilly, but altogether tolerable--it only rained while I was in the temple. I was able to attend the temple on Friday and Saturday, as well as take in the downtown area and Christmas market in Frankfurt on Saturday afternoon and evening. Frankfurt was great--very modern; I almost felt like I was in America except everyone was speaking German! My flight was so early this morning that I decided to sleep in the airport last night--and by "sleep," I mean lay there on a bench with my coat over my head until 4 a.m. when I couldn't stand it anymore :) That's the second night in an airport recently....it's a toss-up between spending the night at an airport and on a bus or train!

At the temple with two new German friends, Janina and Patricia:

Christmas market in Frankfurt:

Frankfurt:
6 comments:
I love your pictures. Since it's rarely overcast in Arizona, I've gained an appreciation for those slate gray autumn skies I remember from living back East and in Europe. I never thought I'd feel that way--I seem to recall that Belgium is overcast or rainy 300 days out of the year on average.
P.S. Thanks for the tip on the Google Reader--I love it. Your blog is both informational and educational--not to mention a good read!
I'm glad you got to go to the temple and you met two new friends as a side!!! Wish I could see those Christmas markets! I think I am linked to Southern German and Austrian people because I love everything about their culture--St. Nicholas, the forests, the woodcutters, the alps, the marionettes, the lederhausen and dirndels, etc. I must have had the book, Heidi, read to me during a critical time of development and I definitely love The Sound of Music, my all time favorite!
Mom, how come I've never seen you wear lederhausen? Now I know what to send you for Christmas :)
Just teasing!!!! I love it all as well. I'm dying to go back someday.
Ashley! You look great! I love the pictures! How are you over there? Sounds like you're doing great and having fun. Sorry I haven't been in touch with you recently. I've been thinking about you. Just got an e-mail from President saying they're doing a sisters' dinner next week at his house...but I'm in Virginia. Just wanted to say hi! Hope you're doing great!
Post a Comment