I appreciated reading what was said about him by other family members at these links: Kristen's blog, Amy's blog, Dave and Julie's blog, Deseret News obituary. I stole the pictures here from these blogs :) I just want to echo what each of them said and add my own tribute here.
Not only was Grandpa incredibly smart (don't challenge him when it comes to crossword puzzles or Rubik's cubes!), athletic (BYU football quarterback), meticulous (have you ever mowed his lawn...or pruned his trees!?), hard working (everything was always in tip-top shape), resourceful (everything could be fixed with duct tape!), musical (I loved hearing Grandpa sing), and very handsome (just look at the pictures!), but he was one of the kindest men I have ever known. I'll admit that I was a little scared of him when I was younger--but I was painfully shy and scared of most people, so that isn't very reflective of the kind of person he was! I truly count it a great blessing in my life to have lived near him in Provo over the past 8 years. Despite his own pain, he lovingly and selflessly devoted his life to caring for my grandma. He magnified his callings and honored his priesthood. He loved his family. He showed dedication and patience far beyond what I could hope to have. All who knew him respected him. I have always looked up to him and always will--I hope to emulate the love and devotion he displayed through his life. 
I was a little shocked when I heard the news of his passing, but I've since felt a great sense of peace. Of course, he will be missed, but I am so grateful for the time I was able to spend with him here on the earth and I love the truth that families can be together forever!
1 comment:
That was beautiful Ash! I have a bit of a tear in my eye...he was amazing wasn't he.
Post a Comment