Sunday, November 18, 2007

Lessons from Breakfast

Well, I've been lazy over the last week and have taken a little break from blogging. Don't worry...I'm still here.
When my parents came out they brought me granola bars and oatmeal packets, which I had been wanting. I have thoroughly enjoyed eating flavored oatmeal each morning. Not only has it been delicious, but I've been learning some new facts and jokes every day (from the packages). Here is some of what I've learned:

FACTS:
  • It's impossible for humans to lick their own elbows.
  • The Sahara Desert in Africa is as big as the whole United States.
  • On average, Americans eat 30 pounds of bananas per year. (I think I eat more than that)
  • A great big 70 pound octopus can squeeze through a little 2-inch hole because it has no backbone.
  • When an adult lion roars, it can be heard up to 5 miles away.
  • The oldest dinosaur remains have been found in Argentina and Brazil.
JOKES:
Feel free to guess an answer (I know that a certain sister of mine will like these!). I'll post the answers in a few days :)
  1. What did the Martian say to the rose bush?
  2. What's ok to serve but not to eat?
  3. What do astronauts like on their sandwiches?
  4. Why was the girl staring at the can of frozen orange juice?
  5. What has ears but never hears a thing?
  6. How do basketball players stay cool?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you're back in business!! I'm not good at jokes, so I'll have to wait for the answers. Glad you liked the oatmeal--it's amazing how we can miss such simple little things. Love you.

howelltree said...

I'm not too good at jokes either, but I'll give it a whirl (since I must be the one you are talking about...I am your only sister you know).
1. nice petals
2. tennis ball
3. moonbeams
4. it had lots of pulp
5. corn
6. free throw shots

I know they are mostly wrong (except for one, I think), but I figured I would amuse you. My favorite joke is still the one that Ryan gets sick of hearing:
What happened to the cat that swallowed the ball of yarn? She had mittens :)

Anonymous said...

Too bad Jeff is on his mission. He would have some good answers to your jokes. Remember his selections at RIF were always joke books? It looks like you are having fun. Great pictures!