Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Back from London

I've been a little absent lately, but I'm back for a while. Last week was the end of my Module II classes (basically a block of classes) and then I took off on Thursday afternoon for London, so I was pretty busy. I just got back yesterday afternoon and I had my first final this morning. I have 4 finals left--one Thursday, one Friday, one Saturday, and one Monday--then I start Module III.
I had a great time in London. Getting there and back was an adventure. Since I decided to go pretty last minute (about a week and a half before going), the flights out of Budapest were kind of expensive. I happened to find a flight out of Bratislava, however, that was less than 1/2 as much, so I decided to take it. Bratislava, Slovakia, is about a 2.5 hour train ride from Budapest. I took the train to Bratislava on Thursday afternoon, stayed in a hostel there and flew to London on Friday morning. It is only about a 2-2.5 hour flight. Coming back on Tuesday, I left London at 6 a.m. and planned on spending the day in Bratislava, but it was pouring rain and freezing cold when I arrived, so I just took the next train and got back to Budapest in the early afternoon. Anyway, I'll post some pictures of London later today.

3 comments:

Emily Norby said...

So I happened upon your blog, and am very impressed with your travels. You are doing some awesome things with your time. Oh, and I've never seen such fine work with the self-timer on one's camera. Very nice.

If you're ever curious enough to wonder what's going on in my very uneventful life, here's my blog address: www.iowanorbys.blogspot.com

Your friend in the fight against bologna and salami (esp. together),
Emily (Jardine) Norby

Ashley said...

Emily! So good to hear from you! I'm so excited you found me on here and of course I will be checking your blog!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.