Here's some pictures from my trip to London as I promised.
The obligatory picture in the London phone booth.

We went on a great walking tour of London that was really fun and informative. Best of all it was free and then you can just tip the tour guide at the end whatever you feel the tour was worth. I thought it was a great system. The same company/organization does similar tours in other major European cities and I would definitely recommend it...of course it would be easier to find out about if I could remember the name... [5 minutes later: okay, I took the initiative and went and found the site...it's called New Europe Tours]

Daniel, Adam, and Travis paying rapt attention to the tour guide :)

On the Thames:

The original temple of the Knights Templar...for Da Vinci Code fans:

I felt like I should be interested in the Royal Courts of Justice, so I took the token picture. However, in current events, this is where Paul McCartney is going through his divorce proceedings which may end in him shelling out around $100 million:

The Harry Potter Clock...for HP fans:

And Diagon Alley...if you don't know what this is then you're obviously not a fan. The couple on the right are living in London right now and we stayed with them. They were so great to share their apartment, show us around, etc. They made it a great time.

View from Buckingham Palace up the Mall:

Portobello Road. This is maybe one of my favorite neighborhoods in London, although there are so many great places that it's hard to choose:

The obligatory picture in the London phone booth.
We went on a great walking tour of London that was really fun and informative. Best of all it was free and then you can just tip the tour guide at the end whatever you feel the tour was worth. I thought it was a great system. The same company/organization does similar tours in other major European cities and I would definitely recommend it...of course it would be easier to find out about if I could remember the name... [5 minutes later: okay, I took the initiative and went and found the site...it's called New Europe Tours]
Daniel, Adam, and Travis paying rapt attention to the tour guide :)
On the Thames:
The original temple of the Knights Templar...for Da Vinci Code fans:
I felt like I should be interested in the Royal Courts of Justice, so I took the token picture. However, in current events, this is where Paul McCartney is going through his divorce proceedings which may end in him shelling out around $100 million:
The Harry Potter Clock...for HP fans:
And Diagon Alley...if you don't know what this is then you're obviously not a fan. The couple on the right are living in London right now and we stayed with them. They were so great to share their apartment, show us around, etc. They made it a great time.
View from Buckingham Palace up the Mall:
Portobello Road. This is maybe one of my favorite neighborhoods in London, although there are so many great places that it's hard to choose:
Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens...another favorite place. I think I like this place so much because it is just really calm space and I used to come here every morning when I was studying abroad in London in 2002:

Sign that American sports are really taking over the world. This was in the middle of Trafalgar Square...I think the Dolphins are playing an exhibition game in London and they were trying to do some promotion:

This is one of my favorite pictures...this guy just started climbing up on the lion, got stuck and quite desperately reached out his hand for help:

The things people call art...this is one of the newest "exhibits" at the Tate Modern. Yes, it is a crack in the floor. But isn't that an artistic angle they put on that fork?:

And, last of all, the quintessential London:

Sign that American sports are really taking over the world. This was in the middle of Trafalgar Square...I think the Dolphins are playing an exhibition game in London and they were trying to do some promotion:
This is one of my favorite pictures...this guy just started climbing up on the lion, got stuck and quite desperately reached out his hand for help:
The things people call art...this is one of the newest "exhibits" at the Tate Modern. Yes, it is a crack in the floor. But isn't that an artistic angle they put on that fork?:
And, last of all, the quintessential London:
3 comments:
Great pics sis!!! It looks like you had a great time. You sure were looking extremely cute in about every one of those pictures:) Also, it was probably nice not having to abuse the timer on your camera this trip.
Great photos. Tell your folks hello when they're out to see you. Your Mom and Dad were so helpful in Utah. Everyone here is wondering who the guys are in the photos.
Thanks. I looked back and realized I didn't label the people on the trip very well. One of the guys I met in London I know from BYU 6 years ago and the other one I met through him. They both came out from Utah for the week. They are friends with the couple who lives in London who I just met for the first time.
Post a Comment