I realized a while back that I haven't really taken very many pictures of Budapest, although this is where I spend most of my time. Yesterday, despite the FREEZING weather, I ventured out to use my mad photo skills (haha...I never take the camera off the "Auto" setting) to capture some of my everyday sightings. I planned to take all afternoon to walk around the entire city, but before I'd gotten too far I thought my fingers were going to fall off, so I decided I would have to do this in installments. Plus, the weather was so gloomy that all the pictures look sad and dark. But, since I risked my health to take them (just kidding, mom), I'll post some here.
Parliament:

In front of Castle:

Fenicular (?) up Castle Hill:

Szechenyi Chain Bridge--my school is just on the far side of the bridge:

Lion on Chain Bridge:

On Castle Hill:

Castle:

Castle District:

Castle District:

View of Parliament and Danube from Fishermen's Bastion

Tracks by my apartment:

Unfortunately Common sight--tram, old lady walking dog, homeless man under tree:

Tunnel I go through to get to school:

On the way to school:

Buda, from Castle Hill:
2 comments:
I hope you had on your scarf, hat, gloves, thermals, boots, etc. and didn't get pneumonia! Just kidding! Most of these sights are very familiar to me!!! Mom
Great pictures! It looks VERY cold there. I like that gnarly tree, although it's a bit spooky looking. Hopefully that isn't right outside your bedroom window.
Post a Comment