Friday, November 2, 2007

Poisoning in Prague

Our last night in Prague (Wednesday night) we ate dinner at what appeared to be a great Pizzeria/Pasta Restaurant down the street from our hotel. We had a great meal and left the place raving about how great the food was--I think we even said it was the best we'd had in Prague.

Ask us again about 5 hours later...Mom was the worst hit, so we're assuming it was something in her food. I'll skip the details, but if you've ever had your average food poisoning, you know how it goes and how terrible it is. There really is not too much worse than being sick away from home. The next day we didn't get moving until around 10:30 and then had a pretty miserable car ride up into Poland (more details to come)...

I only got the 25% version of what Mom got, and Dad was better off than both of us. I'm not sure whether I was sick because of what I ate of just simply because Mom was sick. Ever since I was little, my family made fun of me because whenever anyone else was sick, I was "sick", too. I think they thought I was always faking, but I was not! The thought of other people being sick literally makes me sick. It works pretty much the same way with any kind of pain--if someone stubs his toe, my toe hurts; if they cut their finger, my finger hurts, etc. And to think I ever wanted to be a nurse...

2 comments:

Jaime and Nate said...

Ashley-I love reading your blog. I'm so sorry about the food poisoning. I hope your mom is feeling better.

howelltree said...

Poor mom!!! I hope it passed quickly. At least it probably wasn't as bad as when our WHOLE family got sick from Jeff's scout merit badge pizza dinner. Yikes...I think even dad missed work the next day.