Friday, November 9, 2007

Torah! Torah! Torah!

Before Mom and Dad left, they gave me the coolest gift. I'll be impressed if you knew what this is and/or own one. I gave you a clue in the title.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ashes: I see your affinity towards the gift has matured. We are glad you like it. Great posts on your blog!

howelltree said...

It looks like a walking stick of some sorts...but it looks miniature. Hmmmm, I'm sure I'm was off!!

howelltree said...

The Torah is also the Jewish scriptures, isn't it? Maybe it's a pointer used when reading the Torah :) That's all my guesses...I'm done. Just keep laughing!

Weedpatch said...

Great Torah pointer. Rather fitting that you should receive the gift in Eastern Europe--site of the great diaspora or pale and center of Ashkenazi Jewry for centuries.

Ashley said...

Kristen--I was going to call you out on the lame walking-stick guess, but you seem to have recovered nicely, so I'll let it slide this time. I am indeed impressed with weedpatch's grasp of Eastern European Jewish history!
If anyone needs to read the Torah anytime soon, I may consider lending and/or renting my new acquisition :)

Janet said...

Ashley! Janet here...so glad to see you're doing amazing stuff. You're so awesome. I found your blog through Kristen's which I found through Alyssa (Probst's) which I found through my little sis. Fun stuff. I have one too. http://janet-imnotgonnadothatdanceagain.blogspot.com/

Check it out when you get a chance. Love ya, Janet