Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Day 1

The computer I am using has everything on the screen in Hungarian, so hopefully I'll click all the right buttons and get this to work. I haven't figured out how to post pictures yet, but I promise I'll do that within the next week and put some pictures up here!
I arrived in Budapest yesterday after LONG layovers in Minneapolis and Amsterdam. The weather here is unexpectedly FREEZING--the high today is 56 and I don't think it has stopped raining since I got here! I'm staying in a hostel that is part of this really old building--a little creepy at first, but it's growing on me. The location is great and the staff is friendly and helpful. Most people staying here seem to be traveling from Great Britain.
Today I am going to look for an apartment and also meet with the admissions director at the school. I've given myself until Sunday to find an apartment--I don't think I could take much more than 4 nights in a row of a hostel, so hopefully I'll find something I like before then!
I already have some ideas of things I want to post on, so I think I will (uncharacteristically) write them down so I'll remember to do that in the future.

2 comments:

Mom said...

hope the rain stops soon--of course you're used to it from DC. we're off to the cabin for a couple days so will talk to you later!

howelltree said...

Well, you pushed all the right buttons...good job! I'm so excited to hear about what's happening. It sounds like you are keeping your cool, literally. Good luck with the housing hunt. I'm sure something great will come up for you.