Friday, September 21, 2007

Why Fig Newtons are Disgusting

I know that I should have made this connection long ago, but it didn't really click until a few days ago: the reason fig newtons are disgusting is because figs are disgusting. I like all newtons except fig newtons, so the logical conclusion is that I don't like figs, but I guess I had to discover that first hand.

Every little stand in the Dubrovnik market was selling dried figs in little bags. They looked kind of appetizing and so I bought some.... The flavor itself wasn't so bad and the texture alone was bearable, but the flavor and texture together was just too much. And I'm not sure what the purpose of the leaves in the bag is...





4 comments:

Mom said...

I agree with you 100%. I never did, don't now, and never will like fig newtons thus figs being the 'rotten' ingredient!

Claire said...

I have always hated fig newtons too! Bleh. Now we can blame the Croatians (sp?) for their existence.

howelltree said...

I agree on the fig thing, yuck...although I've never had a fig other than a fig newton. Wasn't that a fig that the monkey in "Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark" ate and died because they were poisoned?

sleepyhelen said...

Heck... Givbitemee... Everyone has their own taste. Find something yammy for yourself, ash ;)