In this picture I'm in front of the Zagreb train station with my new Korean friend Ji-hyun. If you're not sure if she's really Korean, just look at her fingers...it's a dead give-away. She was really cool...lives in Russia right now. To my knowledge, she is the only Korean I've met who speaks Russian, so congrats to her!
I know you're thinking that this is a photo I slipped in from home (or maybe you're wondering why in the world I put it up here)...it is actually Croatia somewhere between the city and the coast and blurred a little by the bus window. I just thought it was so strange how much it looked like Nevada, so I snapped a shot as we were going along.
There was very little going on in Zagreb at 5:00 a.m., but I did find the big market where they were already setting everything up. This was the coldest it had been in Croatia, so I'm wearing just about every item of clothing I had taken with me--I think I have on 4 shirts.
This really non-exciting picture is the big town square. The only real bit of interest is the horse statue that you might be able to see if you zoom in, and I can't even really tell you anything about that. I thought that I read somewhere that this square was the 2nd largest in Europe (behind San Marco in Venice), but I couldn't find where I'd read that, and now that I think about it, that can't possibly be true and I'm not even sure why I would have thought that. Maybe I was reading about somewhere else...or maybe it's the largest in southeastern Europe...not sure...
Okay. I have just done a little "research" and confirmed that the whole 2nd largest thing is pure bunk, but at this link I did find out some other interesting things about the square, as well as some much much better pictures.
5 comments:
The pictures didn't show up. How do you identify Koreans by their fingers? For me, their eyelids give it away.
I couldn't see the pictures either, but I'm guessing that your Korean friend is doing what we call the "peace" sign. Am I right? I hope the pictures work soon...I really want to see them. Maybe you could just repost the pics.
Oops...sorry about the missing pictures. Just keeping you in suspense! I'm headed to class right now and not using my computer with the pictures on it, but I'll repost the pictures soon!
And I will add that I'm a little shocked that the non-Asian knows what I'm talking about :)
That's funny Ashley. Chinese are the exact same way about the peace sign- they do it in every picture!
I think it's a "V" sign, originated from Victory though...Well, anyhow. I envy u ash~ travelling and meeting new people. Enjoy ur time~ :)
Post a Comment