If you look on a map, you'll see Dubrovnik is the very southern tip of Croatia, and that to drive there from anywhere else in Croatia you have to go through Bosnia--they even stop and check your passports. The old city is completely walled in and you can walk all the way around on top of the wall, which was one of my favorite things. I arrived in Dubrovnik before 6 a.m., so when I got to the old city there was no one there--just people cleaning the streets and setting out their shops, etc. I walked around that wall at 8 a.m. when it opened and it was great. I had no idea that by 10 a.m. the place would be PACKED with tourists arriving by both bus and cruise ship.
I decided to stay overnight in Dubrovnik and found a room with an old lady named Klara right down in the old city center. Klara didn't speak English, but she loved having me stay there and would give me a big hug every time I came in.
Here's some pictures from Dubrovnik:
View of the old city from up on the hill:
Picture hanging on the wall of the room I stayed in:
The city glowed at night with all the light reflection:
Entrance to the old city:
Empty streets early in the morning:
On the wall listening to the audio guide:
City wall:
1 comment:
Beautiful...someday maybe you, mom, and I could go there, and a few other places together:)
Post a Comment