Only in Vienna!:
This is one of my favorite places ever--Schonnbrunn Palace with Vienna in the background. (Most of these pictures were taken with a timer, so they're not the best, but you do what you gotta do)
In front of Shoennbrunn Palace
At Shoennbrunn Palace:
This is how I picture Vienna...doesn't it look like a postcard?
Vienna City Hall (this is one of those pictures where I didn't quite place myself right in the timer picture):
This is the little pension I stayed in...it has a shower and sink in the room, but the toilet is down the hall. If you've ever stayed in one you'll know what I'm talking about!
The pension was on Kirchengasse...you can see the sign on the left in this picture (Pension Remier). The lady was really nice, it was clean, and breakfast was fun...I had almost forgotten how I actually liked eating bread with jam and swiss cheese at the same time!
If you've ever been to Vienna, I hope that you know about Zanoni & Zanoni...it has the best ice cream in Austria for sure...
This is the square in the Museum Quartier--it's kind of artsy with these fun benches everywhere.
3 comments:
Man, I'm so jealous. I wish I could have gone to Wien with you. Oh well, maybe next time. How did you decide on that specific pension? Did someone recommend it or did you find it online before you left? That's a great location to stay...that's where we stayed the first night or two for our study abroad. You probably did too.
I went without a plan--there wasn't much to the decision. I was just walking around on Mariahilfestrasse and looking for a place and a just turned down that street and saw it, rang the bell, and asked Frau So-and-So if they had a zimmer frei, and they did! But I would recommend it to others :)
I love Vienna too--actually all of Austria and Switzerland. Those are wonderful places you went--you look great too. Thanks for taking the pics and sending them.
Post a Comment